Directions from Portland:
- BY BIKE: ride to North Interstate Ave. Follow Interstate Ave all the way North where it merges with N Denver Ave.
Continue North on N Denver Ave, until you cross the Columbia Slough. Follow the bike path towards the main entrance of PIR.
- BY CAR: If you come out early you can take I-5 North and take exit 306B West, but after 4pm things can get pretty congested on I-5 Northbound, in which case you better avoid I-5 and drive North on Interstate Ave.
- BIKE ON MAX: take Yellow Line North and get off at the Expo Center MAX station. The PIR entrance is right across from the MAX station.
- To avoid sitting in traffic, come early! You can park either outside the track (under the trees) or on the infield (the crossing gate will open between 4:30 and 5:00pm). You can pre-ride the course from 4pm on or join our free skills clinics, which start at 5pm.
- If you come by car, make sure to not leave bikes unlocked on your car or any valuables visible inside your car. The PIR parking area is unsupervised.
Please drive slowly on the PIR premises and be careful when crossing the race track to access the infield!
- Always obey the speed limits and use caution when crossing the track, whether you are on your way in or on your way out.
- Look both ways for vehicles and cyclists when crossing the track.
- Obey all signs and stay off any areas that are taped off. Do not drive around on the PIR race track.
- If you arrive before 5pm and the track crossing gate is still closed, you must use the bridge to access the infield.
- Never get tempted to jump a closed gate, which would be a major infraction of PIR safety rules.