Series Grand Finale & Ultra Short Track Team Relay (Mon 08/01/16)
Join us on Monday August 1 to race and/or watch the final stage of the 2016 Portland Short Track Series presented by Hopworks Urban Brewery!
In good tradition, it will be a fun evening, with he top contenders in each category battling it out for the final series points and podium spots. After the Elite/Cat 1 race, we'll turn the PIR motocross track into the ultimate stage for a wild Ultra Short Track Team Relay race, which will be followed by our series awards and grand series raffle. This is the one night of summer bike racing in Portland you don't want to miss out on!
Course available for pre-riding
day-of-race registration open
start of FREE short track clinics
Course closed to pre-riding
FREE Kids Races (Cat 1, Cat 2, Cat 3) under the trees
Start Cat 2 Women (U35, 35-44, 45+), Cat 3 Jr Men, Cat 3 Women & Cat 3 Jr Women Races
Start Singlespeed, Cat 2 Men U35 & Cat 2 Men 35-44 Races
Start Cat 2 Men 45-55, Cat 2 Men 55+, Clydes, Cat 3 Men 19-44 & Cat 3 Men 45+ Races
Series Awards Juniors
Start Elite Men, Cat 1 Men (19-34, 35-44, 45+) & Elite/Cat 1 Women Races
"Ultra Short Track" Team Relay Race
Series Awards for all non-junior Categories & Raffle
"Ultra Short Track" Team Relay Race:
Like last year, we will wrap up the last night of short track racing with an all-for-fun team relay race, which will be staged on the motocross track "under the big lights", starting at 8:15pm.
A couple rules for the Team Relay:
1) Up to 25 teams of ten riders will be able to field a team. To sign up your team, just send an email to email@example.com. Registration fee ($25/team) is payable at the pre-reg/info desk (with cash/check or credit card), starting Monday 7/17. First-come (and pay), first-serve, so don't wait around too long!
2) Every team has to designate a team captain.
3) Every team must submit their team roster with 10 unique racers via email by Friday 7/29. If there are still blank spots on your team roster, we will fill these with non-attached riders who like to race the team relay.
will has to include at least 3 (three) women or junior racers.
5) We will use special team relay plates, which must be picked up at the pre-reg/info desk by the team captains before 8pm. Please hold off with distributing the relay plates until after the start of the Cat 1 race, so they don't accidentally end up showing in the regular races. Note: relay racers racing with regular (non-relay) race plates will not be honored by the officials
6) Only racers who have registered/paid for a regular race earlier in the evening are allowed to race in the relay! note: Portland Racing volunteers who worked during the races can race on a relay team, without racing a regular race.
7) Each racer can race only one lap.
8) Racers can race for only one relay team.
9) The relay race is JUST FOR FUN! Please make sure to enjoy it in good sportsmanship. Be courteous to fellow racers from other teams (we'll have racers of all ages and skill levels racing at the same time) and keep it safe.
Since we will only be using the motocross track, the laps will be ultra-short, ultra-fast and ultra-fun to race and/or watch. The hand-off between racers of the same team will be done madison-style (touch-and-go, with or without the slinging). Spectators are allowed anywhere along the course to cheer on the racers. Expect to see some flying finishes!
2016 Ultra Short Track Team Relay Line Up (last updated Fri 7/29 - ONLY 1 SPOT LEFT!):
1. Cyclepath Racing
Camas Bike & Sport 1
Oregon Bike Shop
5. Ruckus Test Team
7. Half Fast Velo
8. Hammer Velo
9. Rock N Roll Ti School
10. Stumptown Cycling Club
11. Cyclepath - The Dark Side
Camas Bike & Sport 2
13. Team Oregon
14. Metropolis Cycle Repair
15. PDX Devo & Friends
16. ANTHM Collective
17. Stages Cycling
18. Sorella Forte
19. Portland Bicycle Studio
20. Team Velocult
21. Green Submarine Records
Short Track Girls - Junior Team
23. Swift Racing p/b 21st Ave
24. Les Volontaires
- Overall top 3 finishers in each category will receive a very unique Portland Short Track Series medal.
- Overall top 3 finishers in the Pro Men and Pro/Cat 1 Women category will receive cash prizes
(total purse: $750), courtesy of our title sponsor Hopworks Urban Brewing.
- Special "rotating" team trophy for the winners of the Team Relay.
Food & Drinks: As usual, our food station will serve FREE PB&J sandwiches and sampling yummy Larabars. And our title sponsor Hopworks Urban Brewery will come out again to sample their most popular organic summer ales to anyone over 21. There is also the PIR concession stand which will serve burgers, hot dogs, ice cream, sodas and more beer! Please respect the PIR policies and do NOT bring any alcoholic beverages from outside the venue.