We like to thank:
- Erik Tonkin and the crew of Sellwood Cycle Repair for helping us putting on this fun event and for providing outstanding mechanical support throughout the day;
- Our other great sponsors: Hopworks Urban Brewery, Nossa Familia Coffee, Showers Pass, Portland Design Works, Chris King, Hammer Nutrition, Rip van Wafels, Larabar and Bob's Red Mill;
- All volunteers and OBRA officials who helped made the event run like a swiss watch.
- Petr Kakes and the folks at Mt Hood Skibowl for hosting the event.
We hope to see you all back next year. Already mark your calendars for Sunday June 28, 2015!
Join us for the fifth edition of the Six Hours of Mt Hood - XC Mountain Bike Endurance & Relay Race!
Come race - as a two-person team or solo - with hundreds of other mountain bike enthusiasts, for six hours straight, on a fun and varied loop at the Skibowl Mt Resort (Government Camp, OR). The 6-mile course features plenty of fun, twisty singletrack trails through beautiful forests. The estimated elevation gain per lap is about 800'. Each lap, racers will get treated on great views of Mt Hood, a fully-stocked aid station, free mechanical support, non-stop race announcing & music and a ton of cheers from their fellow racers. On Sunday morning, we'll serve free coffee and hot Bob's Red Mill steel cut oats. At the end of the event, racers will enjoy a free post-race chili meal, $1 beers, courtesy of our beer sponsor Hopworks Urban Brewery, and a free entry in our post-race raffle. The start/finish area is at Skibowl West, right next to the main parking lot (right off Highway 26) so you'll have easy access to your car in between laps.
Two-Person Men, Two-Person Women, Two-Person Co-ed, Two-Person Master 80+ (combined age), Two-Person Master 100+ (combined age), Solo Men, Solo Women, Solo Singlespeed.
Schedule: 7:00am-9:00am - race plate pick-up & day-of-race registration
9:30am - racer briefing (ALL racers must attend!)
10:00am - START (staggered by category)
3:45pm - cut-off time to start your last lap
4:30pm - cut-off time to finish your last lap
5:00pm - FREE chili feed & $1 Hopworks beer
5:30pm - awards (state-of-the-art trophies for top-3 in each category), grand raffle, good times!
Awards, Prizes & Goodies:
- Top 3 finishers in each category will go home with some real cool awards. And all racers will get to enter our free raffle, featuring $1,500+ in prizes and goodies.
First 250 people who pre-register will receive a commemorative Six Hours of Mt Hood pint glas filled with goodiesand a cool finsher tag.
Make it a Family Day on the Mountain!
Mt Hood Skibowl will offer all Six Hours racers and their families a 2-for-1 special on their Half-Day Adventure Pass.